Residency for creative professionals from all the fields of
Visual Arts | Media Art
| Music & Sound | Performing arts | Design
Architecture | Literature | Research | Philosophy
1-3 months residencies
Months: January - November 2013
The application round is closed
Application deadline was 27th of September 2013
Welcome to one of the largest, liveliest and most international
creative residency programs in Scandinavia
Since 2010, we have hosted more than 220 selected artists and creative professionals from 38 countries.
Welcome to join us to create your own Arteles experience.
The residency program includes:
For working and career:
For everyday life:
- Private/double bedroom (incl. towels and bedlinen)
- fully equipped kitchen facilities
- 24 h access to traditional Finnish wood-burning sauna
- 24 h access to residency car and bikes for getting around the region
- pick-up service for arrivals and departures read more
- Wi-Fi connection in all spaces
- residency cell phone for regional phone calls
- laundry facilities
- Pure nature and silence
- All program participation is voluntary.
- All the rooms can be equipped with extra beds.
- The local environment has lots of natural materials and outdoor possibilities to offer.
- The region has its own environmental art history through the works of Nancy Holt
(Up and Under) and Agnes Denes (Tree Mountain).
All the selected residents will be given financial support by Arteles.
Residency fees including support:
32 €/ day for 1 person: single room + studio space
46 €/ day for 2 persons: double room + studio spaces (larger groups: 23€/day/person)
(periods: 1, 2 or 3 months)
The fees include the registration fee (120 €/person)
Fees without support:
64 €/ day for 1 person: single room + studio space
92 €/ day for 2 persons in a double room + studio spaces
Short term quests and visitors:
Guest room: 65 €/ night
Resident's short term guests: 25 €/night
(no application required, enqueries: firstname.lastname@example.org)
More about financial support
How to apply
In the selection process an emphasis is put on the applicant´s innovative ideas & approach. We are looking for creative minds, emerging artists and professionals widely from different fields. We also like to keep some positions open for creatives without a remarkable creative background or a long CV. In this case the proposed idea/approach of the applicant has a more significant importance. Duos, collectives and groups are also welcomed.
In general we are open to raw ideas and long term 'work in progress' approaches as we understand that certain projects, especially the ones which need participation by others or which are site-spesific, may change and live a lot along the way.
To apply to residency you need to
1. Read the terms and conditions of Arteles Creative Center
2. Fill in and submit the following application form:
The application round is closed.
Deadline for applications was 27th of September 2013
If you need any help or more information, contact: info[at]arteles.org
Welcome on behalf of