Arteles Creative Residency Program 2015
in Hämeenkyrö, Finland
Residency for creative minds & professionals from all the fields of
Visual Arts | Media & Tech Art
| Music & Sound | Performing arts | Design
Architecture | Literature | Research | Philosophy
1-3 months residencies
Months: February - September 2015
Application deadline was:
18th of July 2014
Welcome to one of the largest, liveliest and most international
creative residency programs in Finland / Scandinavia
Since 2010, we have welcomed over 360 selected artists & creative professionals from 43 countries
to freely explore, experiment & expand their creative practice and thinking, to produce works and
to collaborate with other energetic and ambitious artistic minds for a concentrated period of 1 to 3 months.
Welcome to join us to create your own Arteles experience.
The residency program includes:
For working and career:
- Participation in group show/event
- assistant to help you with your projects
- working spaces and facilities 24 h access See facilities here
- creative tools & equipment 24 h access See list here
- weekly meetings, feedback and support
- info & guidance on Finnish art scene, exhibitions and culture
- artist promotion through our network
- artist & project pages in Arteles Catalogue publication
For everyday life:
- Private/double bedroom (incl. towels and bedlinen)
- fully equipped kitchen facilities
- 24 h access to traditional Finnish wood-burning sauna
- 24 h access to residency car and bikes for getting around the region
- pick-up service for arrivals and departures read more
- Wi-Fi connection in all spaces
- residency cell phone for regional phone calls
- laundry facilities
- Pure nature and silence
- All program participation is voluntary.
- All the rooms can be equipped with extra beds.
- The local environment has lots of natural materials and outdoor possibilities to offer.
- The region has its own environmental art history through the works of Nancy Holt
(Up and Under) and Agnes Denes (Tree Mountain).
All the selected residents are given financial support by Arteles.
The current support is 50 % of the residency fee.
Residency fees including support:
32 €/ day for 1 person: single room + studio space
49 €/ day for 2 persons: double room + studio spaces (small groups: 23€/day/person)
(periods: 1, 2 or 3 months)
The fees include the registration fee (120 €/person - non-refundable)
Fees without support:
64 €/ day for 1 person: single room + studio space
98 €/ day for 2 persons in a double room + studio spaces
Short term quests and visitors:
Guest room: 65 €/ night
Resident's short term guests: 25 €/ night
(no application required, enqueries: firstname.lastname@example.org)
More about financial support
How to apply
Deadline for applications was 18th of July 2014
In the selection process an emphasis is put on the applicant´s innovative ideas & approach. We are looking for creative minds, emerging artists and professionals widely from different fields and backgrounds. We also like to keep some positions open for creatives without a remarkable creative background or a long CV. In this case the proposed idea/approach of the applicant has a more significant importance. Duos and small collectives/groups are also welcomed.
In general we are open to raw ideas and long term 'work in progress' approaches as we understand that certain projects, especially the ones which need participation by others or which are site-spesific, may change and live a lot along the way.
To apply to residency you need to
1. Read the terms and conditions of Arteles Creative Center
2. Fill out and submit the following application form:
(if your browser does not support the application form below, please contact email@example.com and we send the application form to you.)
[The application form has been removed until the next application round]
If you need any help or more information, contact: info[at]arteles.org
Welcome on behalf of