|ARTELES RESIDENCY – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Acknowledgment and Acceptance of Risk. The resident recognizes that participation in all of Arteles programs is voluntary and that there are certain inherent risks that participants voluntarily assume. The resident understands and agrees that neither Arteles nor the officers and employees of Arteles assume any responsibility for damages to or loss of the resident’s property, his/her personal illness, injury or death to him/her while he/she participate in any program. By voluntarily participating, the resident freely assumes any risk associated with or arising out of his/her participation in this program.
2. Insurance. The resident understands and agrees that it is his/her responsibility to ascertain whether he/she has adequate health and accident coverage and to procure any other insurance coverage which may be needed. EU citizens are advised to obtain an EU health insurance card in their home country before departure. As a rule, the Finnish health insurance system does not cover the cost of illness or accident incurred by foreigners. However, under specific circumstances and subject to certain conditions, EU citizens have access to public health care under the same conditions as persons with permanent residence in Finland; however, this requires a valid EU health insurance card at minimum. More detailed information on the right of EU citizens to health care in Finland is available from the authorities of the resident’s home country.
3. Medical Treatment. In the event that the resident suffers any injury or illness while participating in an Arteles program, it is the resident’s own responsibility to arrange for and pay for medical treatment. Arteles staff will assist in finding help to the best of their ability; however, they cannot assume liability for securing the right kind of help or proper care. The resident agrees to assume any and all risks associated with or arising from any such medical treatment and agree to waive any and all claims which he/she might assert against Arteles or the officers and employees of Arteles for such medical treatment.
4. Personal Property & Arteles Property. Arteles nor the officers and employees of Arteles will not be liable or responsible for any of the resident’s personal property, or any personal property delivered to or left at Arteles Creative Center. The Resident is obliged to compensate for any damage (incl. fire & water damages) or loss he/she will cause to the property of Arteles, including the residency cars and the sauna.
5. Deposit Fee and Registration. To confirm their participation in the residency, the applicant must carry out the registration/deposit fee (120 €) by the given deadline after receiving the invitation. The payment functions as a confirmation of his/her stay. The resident is also responsible for covering any possible international money transfer costs charged by the bank. If the applicant does not deliver the payment in time, Arteles has the right to cancel the residency invitation and pass it to another applicant, unless other arrangements have been made. The registration fee is non-refundable. The actual residency fee is to be paid at least 2 months in advance before starting the program.
6. Cancelling the Residency. A possible cancellation of the residency place should be done at least 60 days in advance. This is a responsibility that the selected artists take when they register themselves to the program. In case the resident has paid the full residency fee and would like to cancel the residency, the resident will cover banks international money transfer costs. If the cancellation is done less than 60 days in advance of the start of the residency period, Arteles will return only 50 percent of the paid residency fee. If the cancellation is done less than 30 days in advance of the start of the residency period, Arteles will return only 30 percent of the paid residency fee. If the cancellation is done less than 7 days in advance of the start of the residency period, Arteles will return only 10 percent of the paid residency fee.
7. Guests. The residents are allowed to have guests in the residency. However, the staff must be informed of all visitors. Overnight stays will be charged 30 €/night or according to an agreement between the host and the residency guest. The resident is responsible for his/her guest and all possible damages or loss to the property of Arteles Creative Center caused by his/her guest.
8. Doors and Keys. The residents are expected to keep the main doors locked when they leave the residency. Lost keys will be charged 50 euros.
9. Cleaning and Maintenance. The bedrooms and work spaces are expected to be maintained clean by the residents, and a final cleanup is required before leaving. The residents are to respect other residents by cleaning up after themselves (wash their own dishes, take out the trash etc.).
10. Smoking and making fire. Smoking and making any kind of fire or burning insents is strictly prohibited indoors and in the car.
11. Report and Catalogue. The resident is to compose and submit a project/residency stay report for Arteles Catalogue. The report should be submitted via an online form before leaving from the residency, one week after the residency the latest. Project reports are important for developing and reporting Arteles activities. The resident agrees that Arteles has the right to publish and share the catalogue publication and that Arteles can respectfully (including credits) use the submitted material also on Arteles web page and other medias. The resident has the right to deny the public use of his/her material. Arteles has also the right to not publish residents material (or part of it) in case it is considered as not fit to the catalogue/context.
12. Documentation. The activities in the residency may be documented by Arteles and the material can be used for Arteles' own promotional purposes.
13. Check-in and Check-out Procedures. The resident will follow all guidelines with respects to check-in and check-out procedures, including not exceeding the dates of the residency period granted, and cleaning up his/her bedroom and work space before leaving. The resident understands that failure to follow these guidelines will incur a 50 euro fee.
14. Waiver, Release, Indemnification and Hold Harmless. By accepting these terms and conditions, the resident waives and releases any and all claims against Arteles Creative Center or officers and employees of Arteles arising out of or relating to the resident’s participation in any Arteles program, including, but not limited to, claims for any injury, loss, damage or accident including motor vehicle, animal bites or injuries from animals, weather or sickness. The resident also agrees to defend indemnify and hold harmless Arteles and the officers and employees of Arteles from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, judgments, losses, damages and expenses arising out of any financial obligations or liabilities that the resident may personally incur or any damage or injury to the person or property of others that he/she may cause (incl. fire or water damage), while participating in any Arteles program.
15. Governing Law and Venue. The resident agrees that if there is any dispute concerning his/her participation in the program or the interpretations of these terms and conditions, any such disagreement shall be determined in accordance with the law of Finland.
16. Modification. These terms and conditions cannot be changed or amended in any way without the written concurrence of Arteles.
17. Termination. Participant noncompliance with any part of the terms of any agreement or contract between the resident and Arteles is grounds for immediate termination of residency.
18. Independent Analysis and Binding Authority. By accepting these terms and conditions the resident states he/she has carefully read this release and waiver of liability and fully understands its contents. He/she further acknowledges and agrees that he/she has had an opportunity to consult with counsel of his/her choice prior to executing this release and waiver of liability. He/she acknowledges and agrees that these terms and conditions shall be binding upon him/her. He/she is aware that this release and waiver of liability is a release of liability, including but not limited to, liability for negligence, indemnification, and a hold harmless agreement, and he/she signs it (by checking the ‘Terms & Conditions’-box in the application form) of his/her own free will. These terms and conditions are in addition to and do not revoke or modify any other agreement or release which the resident may execute in connection with the Arteles program.
19. Assurances and Consent. BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THE RESIDENT STATES HE/SHE HAS READ ALL OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION AND CONSENTS TO ALL OF THE FOREGOING PROVISIONS.
All rights reserved by Arteles.